Frozen chocolate bananas made with a variety of Four Seasons Foods decorative and deliscious sprinkles are an easy treat that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. It’s a perfect treat for the hot summer days when you want something cold and delicious. It’s also ideal when you are craving an ice creamy dessert without the added worry of extra calories. You can also make this treat low sugar by choosing a lower sugar chocolate and using seeds and nuts as a sprinkle.
Choose a variety of Four Seasons Foods products that work as sprinkles for your treat. They are decorative plus some have some added health benefits. You can also combine these to your taste and preference. Below are some of our products that will go well sprinkled on your chocolate banana.
Try Four Seasons hundreds and Thousands as well as chocolate vermicelli. These multi colored sprinkles look very decorative plus will add some extra crunch as well as sweetness to your treat.
Four Seasons Foods has a selection of nuts and seeds you can use as sprinkles for your chocolate banana. These include sesame seeds, cashew nuts, Marula nuts as well as muhacha nuts. You can toast the nuts or use raw nuts.
Coconut also makes an ideal sprinkle for this Frozen dessert. You can also toast it lightly or enjoy it as it is.
Raisins, sultanas, cranberries as well as dates are also deliscious on frozen chocolate bananas.
Nut and seed butters
Drizzle some Tahini, cashew nut seed butter, Marula nut butter, peanut butter or any other of your choice for some nutty chocolate banana flavour.
- 4 to 6 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil / cooking oil or more if you are using higher cocoa percentage chocolate
- Selection of sprinkles that can include Four Seasons Foods, hundreds and thousands, chocolate vermicelli, raisins, sultanas, cranberries, dessicated Coconut, nut and seeds butters, sesame seeds and nuts varieties
- Ice cream sticks
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN CHOCOLATE BANANAS
- Peel the bananas and slice in half and skewer the banana halves onto ice cream sticks. Freeze the bananas in an airtight container for 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate: You can use the double boiler method or use the microwave. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl together with cooking oil. Microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring often until chocolate has completely melted and is smooth.
- Dip frozen bananas in the chocolate mixture and immediately decorate with sprinkles of your choice and place on a baking sheet to set.
- Freeze the chocolate bananas in a closed container until ready to serve.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving so they soften and have an ice cream consistency.